I want to take the time to welcome you all to my blog, and explain a little bit about me and how this site came to be. I created this blog to share my passion for both food and music. Back in the late 90's I was an aspiring hip hop artist/producer with a lot of potential. In fact, I was just a few songs away from my first major record deal when a tragic house fire burned my demo masters, lyric books and all of my equipment. My music career literally went up in flames that night. It was then I decided to refocus my energies. So, with no formal training in anything other than music, I turned to my other passion.. Food. I began teaching myself all different types of cuisine and working every job imaginable in the food service industry. The worked was extremely hard, but I was paying my dues and providing for my family. The harder I worked, the more I learned and the more passionate about cooking and food I became. After all of the hard work I finally got that formal training in both Culinary and Pastry, and now I have decided to share my experiences, recipes, and love of good food and music with you.



"So, follow me as I bring to you easy and symphonic recipes you can try at home that will make your palate sing!!"

Monday, April 11, 2011

Prime Sirloin


Well this dish is inspired by my love of Puerto Rican cookery. Moms's good old Bistec encebollado with a twist of New American and a little fancy knife skills. On this canvas (this is art ya know, lol) is a one pound prime New York strip steak smothered in an onion pepper ragout, garlic, plantain chips, an avacado mousse, avocado tempura and oh yeah, carrot lillys for garnish. I like to serve this dish with a nice side of arroz con Gandulez (rice and pigeon peas). Or just plain fluffy white rice with black beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment